For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Charles Hunt wrote:In 1966 my mother bought a car price guide, and it had on the cover Bob Danvers-Walker with his personal plate RAD 10.

It took me about 40 years to understand it. :(

And my all time favourite WOT 151T (Triumph Spitfire IIRC)

He lived in Cambridge 50 yards up the road from where I lived with my parents
I saw RAD10 every day: He also had TV 1 .
One of them IIRC was a very tasty Daimler Dart.

Edit: scroll down half way here:
https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/an ... -1-2533764

Peter
Last edited by PeteSpencer on Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By johnm
I still see 2 BE and NOT 2B from time to tome :-)
By PeteSpencer
Seems I've already posted on this thread in 2017 :shock:

avtur3 wrote:

The Kissimmee Bum wrote:
The landlord of my local had UPU 51R on his RangecRover but the best that springs to mind was BOL 10X spotted on a Nissan Bluebird 180 in Telford town centre back in the 1980,s.

It found its way to Suffolk as ISTR I bought a series of Volvos off a motor trader who had it in the mid 80-90s.
(His company logo was a head down snorting bull).

Peter
EDIT : No, I lied: just looked it up:
His was OBO 110X, similar shiny white japmobile, though.(Toyota Celica actually.
By Chris Martyr
avtur3 wrote: JU57 COX

On a skip lorry ?

In the part of Sussex that I live , a company of that name has most of its trucks with 'personalised' [ugh] numbers .
And considering how these guys drive , avtur3's quoted no. plate would be totally appropriate .
Colonel Panic liked this
By avtur3
Colonel Panic wrote:
avtur3 wrote:We appear to have a number of electrical contractors in the area with an interest in plates

Have you seen the (presumably) vet around with A10 VUM ? Great fun :D

No, I must keep my eyes open for that.

Then there is the slurry tanker company who have a number of vehicles with plates all starting 'POO', they run out of a farm near(ish) Sayers Common.
By LowNSlow1
I saw 39 COX on a car driven by a lady, I hope her name was Cox.

Also there's a mini going around with JAN5X spaced as JANS X, now is that because she's Jan's Ex or because she likes having a kiss after her name?

Also saw SAM 46D in North London a few years ago and the lady driving it bore more than a passing resemblance to the famous Samantha Fox
By PeteSpencer
Sir Morley Steven wrote:As I now have G-LKAM and G-LKSM I can no longer whinge that personalised registrations are whankey.

Pictures please, then we'll decide.... :roll:

Peter