For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By ZOGman
Pet hates?

One off mine:

Lycra clad cyclists, racing down country lanes, silently creeping up behind and then passing, at speed, an innocent dog walker and then shouting ‘control your dog’ after the poor animal jumps and barks after being surprised.

What happened to the Bell Ring?

I wonder how these Guys/Gals behave when they’re off the so called ‘Morale High Ground’ and return to their own cars?
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Dog walkers :D
Rob P liked this
By TheFarmer
People quoting their own posts for no reason
By ZOGman
Tell me how to cancel the repeated quote and I will comply?????????? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
By JonathanB
ZOGman wrote:Tell me how to cancel the repeated quote and I will comply?????????? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Just say the magic words! ;)

(Or just wait for a mod to notice)
By ZOGman
OK: The problem originated from trying to edit 'off' to 'of' as misspelled in the first post.'

It seems, now/since that the edited version has been deleted and I am left with a misspelling in the original post?

This mistakes seems to have attracted pedants who are ready to leap on such a mistake so as to divert the Gist of the thread?

Sad! :cry:
Andrew Sinclair liked this
By Paul_Sengupta
I can't see anyone commenting on your mistake... :?:

Anyway, my pet hate is people who sit in something other than the left hand lane of a multi lane road when they're not properly overtaking or even overtaking at all.
Yankee-K, mattrm, Rob P liked this
By GolfHotel
ZOGman wrote:OK: The problem originated from trying to edit 'off' to 'of' as misspelled in the first post.'

It seems, now/since that the edited version has been deleted and I am left with a misspelling in the original post?

This mistakes seems to have attracted pedants who are ready to leap on such a mistake so as to divert the Gist of the thread?

Sad! :cry:

People who pick on Pedants. (its not pedants fault that they can't see the wood for the trees)

On a more helpful note. You should be able to find the edit option if you hover around the icons on the top right of your post.

Or for the pedants:
On a more helpfuller angel. you canns edit if you hoover oveer the icons on the top wright of you're post. :twisted:
By MercianMarcus
Paul_Sengupta wrote:...Anyway, my pet hate is people who sit in something other than the left hand lane of a multi lane road when they're not properly overtaking or even overtaking at all.

Mine's the opposite :) When you are doing 90 in the middle lane and some holier than thou driver (who has just overtaken in the outside lane so is obviously going faster than 90) indicates and moves right over to the inside lane but can only stay there for a nano second as he now has to overtake the caravan directly in front of him.
pat liked this