For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
JAFO wrote:
StratoTramp wrote:More insanity

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-60080080

You're absolutely right, refusing to wear a mask when requested and thereby inconveniencing hundreds of people and costing them and the airline thousands of dollars is insanity.

If you've been on a flight recently you'll have noticed that three quarters of the passengers don't wear their mask for three quarters of the flight.

I can only imagine that the lady was too dumb to buy a soft drink.
flybymike, skydriller liked this
By flybymike
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
JAFO wrote:
flybymike wrote:Presumably then JAFO, you will continue to exercise your “responsibility” by wearing a mask forever more.
After all, illness, respiratory infection and death will never disappear.

While two thirds of a million people are testing positive every week and more than 14,000 are being hospitalised with more than ten percent of that number dying, I will continue to do what I can to help stop the spread. Doesn't seem like much to ask of me, really.

How many fewer than 17000 deaths of previously healthy people with an average age of 82 years over a two year period will it take for you to stop panicking?
If you've been on a flight recently you'll have noticed that three quarters of the passengers don't wear their mask for three quarters of the flight.

Many people have ignored the rules all the way through. But if you’re on a flight and a crew member instructs you to ‘mask up’ you’d better comply!

If that offends your sensibilities, then don’t fly.

Whatever your opinions, to do otherwise is very, very stupid, and hopefully extremely expensive for you.

My best advice to anyone travelling is to check your arrogance as hold baggage. Whilst you may succeed in intimidating the cabin crew, you’re unlikely to prevail over the captain of the aircraft. Ask Naomi Campbell how that usually works out!
eltonioni, JAFO, kanga and 1 others liked this
By StratoTramp
Id do it for sure if asked (probably wouldn't even get in a position to be asked), but just because something is a law doesn't mean it's sensible. I don't think anyone should ever intimate a crew or anyone for that matter.

On a different topic. Everything is a bit of a game really. It's another "May Be / Could" headline. But gov getting cold feet over NHS sackings now, after ditching vax passports. Realised that on the whole those 70k people do more good than harm even unvaccinated.

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/covid ... ed-1416578
flybymike, Spooky liked this
just because something is a law doesn't mean it's sensible.

In the context of the incident we are discussing, I appreciate that is why you proclaimed “insanity”. However your personal opinions become totally irrelevant when you board an aircraft with the intention of travelling. Commercial aircraft are not ‘democracies’, debating societies or even a ‘forum’ for discussion. The captain never needs to care how much you earn, or how much you think of yourself. Because when those in charge start to worry about things like that, disaster is often close by.

Clearly the individual at the centre of this has a better understanding of the actualité now.
kanga, T6Harvard liked this
By StratoTramp
@A4 Pacific I should have perhaps been a bit more specific about which bits were and were not insanity... Rather than leaving it all open to interpretation with just a link. It was imprecise.

Your post made me think of this example when the captains wishes were overruled