For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Irv Lee
Back off the subject, I was in the Goole area one mid December on a sort of low cloud, cold, almost drizzling sort of day, and was followed down various country roads then pulled over to check identity as “sorry sir, no one from the south visits this place in mid December, we had to assume stolen car” .
TravellerBob liked this
By Irv Lee
@Paultheparaglider Well I had a good reason which sort of embarrassed them.... "My aunt's (pronounced Ant's) funeral's at Scunny Crem tomorrow early". (Perfect miserable weather for it, too)
By Paultheparaglider
In the news today, a driver received a fine courtesy of numberplate recognition software for driving in a bus lane in Bath. He hadn't been near the place.

It turns out it was a lady walking in the bus lane with KNITTER on her shirt. His number was KN19 TER.

Seems like Bath Council dropped a stitch there. It is plain to see this is a pearl of a mix up. What a bunch of nit wits. :wink:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -lane.html
T6Harvard, Nick liked this
By nallen
Paultheparaglider wrote:In the news today, a driver received a fine courtesy of numberplate recognition software for driving in a bus lane in Bath. He hadn't been near the place.

It turns out it was a lady walking in the bus lane with KNITTER on her shirt. His number was KN19 TER.

Seems like Bath Council dropped a stitch there. It is plain to see this is a pearl of a mix up. What a bunch of nit wits. :wink:

Never mind the looming fabric puns, this has got to be a great game: pin a printout of a numberplate to a T-shirt and see how many cameras you can trip.
Aerials, JAFO, Flyin'Dutch' and 5 others liked this
By Paultheparaglider
nallen wrote:
Never mind the looming fabric puns, this has got to be a great game: pin a printout of a numberplate to a T-shirt and see how many cameras you can trip.

We could have a special award for the anpr equivalent of base jumping. Bus lane. Airport. Supermarket. Emergency vehicle only spot.
By skydriller
Paul_Sengupta wrote:Does a speed camera count as a "structure"?

I know exactly where you are going with this... and I absolutely love the idea of getting an aeroplane "flashed" :lol:

Which always reminds me if this : 8)

Sooty25, Paul_Sengupta, rogerb and 1 others liked this