For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
@TopCat ,

I use this site which shows the day at Heathrow was two seconds longer yesterday. The good news is that my site gives longer day lengths than yours at Heathrow for both days.

https://sunrise-sunset.org/search?location=Heathrow+

@cirrostratus , your definition of a day is night and day different from mine. :wink:

And, one more pedantic point, the evenings are still drawing out until the 24th.
By TopCat
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Paultheparaglider wrote:The good news is that my site gives longer day lengths than yours at Heathrow for both days.

Hurrah! I shall use your site from now on - I hate the dark evenings.
And, one more pedantic point, the evenings are still drawing out until the 24th.

That's when I start getting grumpy.

Be afraid, everyone.
By PeteSpencer
Paultheparaglider wrote:Despite the repeated comments on BBC that today is the longest day, it actually isn't - that was yesterday. Where I am, the day was 2 seconds longer yesterday.

The solstice is, though, today.

And, yes, I'm bored. :wink:

Letter of complaint to OFCOM sent........................

:wink:
Last edited by PeteSpencer on Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paultheparaglider liked this
By JAFO
Paultheparaglider wrote:Despite the repeated comments on BBC that today is the longest day, it actually isn't - that was yesterday. Where I am, the day was 2 seconds longer yesterday.

The solstice is, though, today.

And, yes, I'm bored. :wink:

Well, that's it then, the nights are drawing in. Nearly Christmas. :twisted:
Flyin'Dutch', eltonioni, OCB liked this
By rikur_
JAFO wrote:
Well, that's it then, the nights are drawing in. Nearly Christmas. :twisted:

<pedant> No, that's something different again ..... the nights don't start drawing in until Saturday :twisted:
By Rob P
cirrostratus wrote:And there was myself thinking that yesterday, today and tomorrow and every other day this year was exactly the same length.......

For once you are correct

The next possible date for a leap second is June 30, 2021. However, the Earth's rotation has been speeding up lately, so it is becoming increasingly unlikely that any leap seconds will be added in 2021.

Rob P
Paultheparaglider, rikur_, JAFO and 1 others liked this
By Rob P
Charles Hunt wrote:... medical shorthand for an uncomfortable procedure.

Regrettably that wasn't what came to my mind :oops: . Truly you are a better man than I

Rob P