Discuss the problems and solutions to all of the situations that Pilot X finds himself in.
By SteveX
Anyone else think they are getting more pointless and uninteresting? The last one really is scraping the bottom, man gets cold in microlight right up to last few lines.....then suddenly has a mid air!!!!

Come on Flyer let's get back to where we were 5 years ago, thought provoking and articles that really get you guessing and searching for the answers. Way too often Im seeing
1) what was the first thing X did wrong
2) what was the second thing X did wrong etc

Some of the q&a are so basic eg. what could X have done better.....waited for the windshield to clear before take off.
Moli liked this
By mick w
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
SteveX wrote:Anyone else think they are getting more pointless and uninteresting? The last one really is scraping the bottom, man gets cold in microlight right up to last few lines.....then suddenly has a mid air!!!!

Come on Flyer let's get back to where we were 5 years ago, thought provoking and articles that really get you guessing and searching for the answers. Way too often Im seeing
1) what was the first thing X did wrong
2) what was the second thing X did wrong etc

Some of the q&a are so basic eg. what could X have done better.....waited for the windshield to clear before take off.

I can't find a thread where 'X' has done anything wrong . :D :wink:
Dave W liked this
By leiafee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Sorry I bored you - that was one of mine.

I produced it it out of a mix of having made that mistake, minus the midair and the frequent threads on here about the dangers of being heads in gazing at GPS - I wanted to give a better reason than "shiny tech" for getting sucked in to gazing at it.

Win some. lose some.

I also am not wild on lists of things done wrong which is why I went on the Qs for recall of a fact from the theory syllabus that was actually important for once as the first question.

I'd be interested on feedback as to what percentage of people's answering matched mine btw - pitching the questions is probably the hardest thing about those articles..

Ed is generally always on the look out for new ones so I'm sure he'd welcome a pitch!
kanga, Shoestring Flyer liked this
By EdH
FLYER Team Member  FLYER Team Member
Hi Steve,

I'm always keen for us to do better, so I'll take this on board - I've got to say though, I enjoyed Leia's last TWD, with its twist.

Submissions for 'That Worst Day' have always come from FLYER readers, and we're always on the lookout for more.

For fictional tales of Pilot X, 900 words, and three questions and answers is all it takes.

Send submissions to ed.hicks@seager.aero