Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By kingbing
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Managed first solo in mid-August; and first solo nav early September: both to/from North Weald. I felt greater satisfaction for the first solo nav (to Colchester) than the first solo. Being out of sight of an airfield on one's own makes it fell much more real. Anyone else agree?

First away landing at Lashenden/Headcorn though under instruction in Sept too. Frustratingly, the closing weather mean i couldn't do the same trip solo.

Very much enjoying this part. Time to get head down into books for the winter, to pass the remaining exams.
By AndyR
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
kingbing wrote:Managed first solo in mid-August; and first solo nav early September: both to/from North Weald. I felt greater satisfaction for the first solo nav (to Colchester) than the first solo. Being out of sight of an airfield on one's own makes it fell much more real. Anyone else agree?

First away landing at Lashenden/Headcorn though under instruction in Sept too. Frustratingly, the closing weather mean i couldn't do the same trip solo.

Very much enjoying this part. Time to get head down into books for the winter, to pass the remaining exams.

Let's have some dates then so I can add you to the list :thumleft:
G-STAW wrote:Hello,

First time poster :)

Gained my PPL today out Liverpool with LOMAC. Completed in 45hrs 55mins,

Onto the Hours Building,

Regards

Scott Waterworth

Congrats and welcome! :cheers:

I'm doing my PPL next door at Merseyflight. I've just passed my first set of exams so should be going solo in the next handful of lessons.

Where are you planning to do your hour building? lomac?
Well done,

There planes look clean!

Yes LOMAC. Was going to go to the states but LOMAC only charge £75 per hour ex LF, with a £75 per month DD. it's called a frequent flyer programme. So 100 hours would only cost £7500 plus £75 X how many months you do you HB over.

Unbeatable prices. Especially at a commercial airport. Bartons flying schools charge £170 p/h

Regards

Scott
Did my first solo nav today after not flying for two weeks due to weather. The route was Gamston-Newark-Mansfield-Gamston. Everywhere was where I expected it to be, my radio work could have been better, and there were a lot of people around but very happy overall
ArthurG liked this