Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By purplefish
I will be making the phone call soon to let them no I no longer wish to redeem the voucher. Not sure why but I can't see them transferring it to someone else and my friend will lose her money. We'll see.
By ClothCat
If I have the correct organisation ... trial lessons there are priced above standard lesson rates: £164 versus £153 for a dual hour in the C150. I wonder what the reason is?

The schools I have worked for have always charged less for a trial lessons.
By purplefish
The voucher I have is for a Cessna 150, 45 minute flight at £124.
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
£124 is a lot of money to lose. Do it! Go on the flight! You'll really enjoy it when you finally get to go!
By Paul_Sengupta
May I point the honourable gentleman/lady at this thread:

http://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=86912

pizzytinzel wrote:my girlfriend bought me a 30 minute flight experience.
:
I absolutely loved it; even more than I thought I would.
:
It really was the most amazing thing I think I've experienced
:
I feel like I've discovered something truly amazing in flying, and I'm understandably excited!
By mo0g
Wasting virtual ink here Paul!
By pizzytinzel
That was me in that quote above! It's true. I guess I had the exact opposite experience. No cancellations, friendly school and a top instructor who was super enthusiastic and who let me fly almost the whole trip. I came away absolutely hooked and wanting to go again as soon as possible!

It's a real shame the OP had a less than ideal experience. I guess you've been pretty unlucky and if you were nervous, that's going to have made it worse. I guess it comes down to how much you think you want to fly. I've wanted to fly since I was a kid, but if you're not bothered, I'd chalk it up as a bad experience and do something else.
By purplefish
Had an email last night and they're now letting me transfer the voucher to a family member. Just got to find a candidate!! :D
By ClothCat
That's good news. Lets hope they have better luck with weather etc.
By greggj
Someone take up this guy with them for a short local flight already, he is really unlucky with that school.
Altho, there's of course no such thing as luck.
By PeteSpencer
I've offered, He declined...............