Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By pete76uk
Thanks so much for the guide , a great read ,Im new to this forum and only had 4 flying lessons in a pa28 its just sooo expensive.

I can only afford 1 lesson a month which I know is not ideal as I forget what I learned on my previous lessons.
By wings
Hi

I recently attained my NPPL here in Spain and was intrigued with the file

http://www.leiafee.flyer.co.uk/Flying-HowTo.pdf being mentioned. Sadly no matter what I do I amunable to download the file, I am curious because it just might be useful to other students.

Is there a kind sole out there that might consider E-Mailing me the file, it would be very much appreciated.

john556@telefonica.net

Regards

John
Hi guys

OK feel a bit of a twerp, after a little more time spent looking at the site I visited the Authors home web site and managed to download the PDF file direct from there. So I am sorted.

Just for interest purposes I fly a "Stella Moragon" out of a small Spanish Aero club called "Los Garranchos" rwy 06/24 450 metres, located just west of San Javier and in the ATZ of "Murcia International Airport" Murcia is also a Military Field and is only open in the week to commercial traffic after 3.30 PM which is a bit of a bind, meaning in the week if I want to fly I have to wait until 4PM and believe me the weather here allows you to fly mostly all the time. Saturday and Sundays, not a problem. We have heard and still to be confirmed that come March 1st 2009 this restriction is being dropped, fingers crossed.

The Moragon is a superb bird to fly however requires loads of rudder for both take off and landings, has a 80hp Rotax engine. Spanish built.

Regards

Wings
By adman
Great article. I've always wanted to fly but always thought the cost was beyond my means. My wife recently made me give up a life long affair with biking and is keen for me to find a replacement passion. I think I found it. 3 flights in and I'm hooked. Roll on spring.
By leiafee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Glad you managed to get the file in the end, wings. Sounds like a interesting littler aeroplane you're learning in.

adman, you lady wife does know aeroplanes are even MORE expensive than bikes, right? :wink:
By adman
leiafee wrote:adman, your lady wife does know aeroplanes are even MORE expensive than bikes, right? :wink:

As long as it keeps me away from the track and out of hospital I don't think she cares :twisted:
By scotty118
Hi

I am seriously thinking about doing it (learning) and have really enjoyed reading your article. I got so excited when you said about your first solo :D

Its just something I have always wanted to do. I have my first flight money as its left over from what I got for my last birthday (50 last year) and if nothing else I am going to do a trial.

But reading your down-to-earth guide really has given me the confidence to give it a go!

Thanks a million.

Stewart
Manchester
By Andy Mac
Brilliant :D Thanks Leia, I really enjoyed that. It was common sense with a friendly and down to earth approach, and so true. It will help me a lot, particularly the exams bit and enjoying the firsts...thanks.