Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By BlueRobin
my wife is always saying that I'm not a very good judge of what exactly 8 inches looks like.

A little too much information! :shock: :lol:
By Joe
Ian

Slipping the Katana does yeild a spectacular rate of descent coupled with, if your not right on top of things, a dramatic rise in airspeed this can very easily cause you to exeed the max speed with full flap possably damaging the aircraft. the other problem is that 10-15 knots fast on final in a Katana will result in the longest float in history :D you would possably have been better off landing long at the correct speed from the high approach.

You will find as you learn new techniques that the Katana C1 nearly falls out of the sky when you apply full flap in a glide approach. You can use this effect to shorten a glide, drop it on the numbers and look like a pro with no need to cross controls at all.
By BlueRobin
look like a pro with no need to cross controls at all

So that's your excuse? Fair 'nough :wink: :lol:
By Joe
:oops:

Less said about that the better :D
By Bobcat
I was taught quite early to do a Forward Slip, but never a SideSlip. And never with flaps and watch out for the "Cross-control Stall" which is waiting to bite you!

BTW A Forward Slip is a requirement of the FAA PPL Skill test, right before the flapless landing!