Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By C smooth
Dear all,

I am 14 and wanting to be a pilot :D ......desperatly wanting to become a pilot! I have heard that you can get jobs at air school such as washing planes :idea: . Does anyone know of any air schools that would allow this in the Berks/Bucks area :?:

Thanks,

C :lol:
By Joe
There are plenty of airstrips with flying schools in that area your best bet is to use the GA directory on this site or the yellow pages and spend a day or so touring the local fields

You've really got to try and get your self known at the airfield and clubs first. Considder taking a trial lesson at the club (You now know what to say when people ask what you want for christmass :D ) you can then broach the subject with the club staff during the after lesson chat. Try to look and sound enthusiastic and switched on.

It will help with your flying but probably not cover it completely. The Lad that helps out on my local field gets about 20 minutes in the air per days slog. The trick is to befriend the instructors they may then give their services for free during quiet spells this can save a heck of a lot of cash.

I 'volenteer' at my club and 'earn' about 2 hours flying a month but for this I give up all of my saturdays (0830 untill dark!) and up to an hour every week day morning. Its something I do 'cos I enjoy it, not for the cash.

Best of luck and let us know how you get on.