Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By Gamatech
I just finished up my medical exam with an inconclusive result, because a medication I'm on needs to be double-checked by the CAA. Okay, more than fair of course.

But I was also told that said process is currently averaging around 2 months! :furious: The cherry on top is that I was informed it used to take about ten days, but has increased substantially and medical examiners have been pestering the CAA about it for ages.

I can't imagine being a commercial pilot with a job to do, and ending up unable to fly while they drag their heels in a process like this.

I feel agitated and anxious being put in limbo for such an extended period of time, and I don't want to start paying hundreds/thousands for lessons until I'm in the clear.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that can relate to this, I just wanted to vent a little :|
By Gamatech
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:
> [usermention=26235]@Gamatech[/usermention]
>
> For subscribers to Flyer there is a free one off offer of advice from the
> house AME....

That's good to know, although I tried looking for it somewhere on their website to no avail. Could I ask for a link perhaps please? I was already on the borderline for subscribing, but that could tip me over to a paid version.