Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

I coach on the BGA FRTOL (Radio) course

The course materials including videos and exercises are freely available online. There is some gliding-only content, but on the plus side it is bang up to date.

https://www.ruskin.me.uk/bga-frtol-course

Rob P
Hexsplosions, T6Harvard liked this
I decided to throw some cash as EasyPPL just to gain access to the mock exams.

I noticed that it groups Air Law & ATC Procedures together, both in terms of the course module and the test questions for practicing for exams. Does this mirror the exam structure I'll be answering (e.g. air law and ATC procedures together) or is this just the way EasyPPL groups them together?

Thanks!
By T6Harvard
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
[usermention=28542]@Hexsplosions[/usermention] I've used EasyPPLGroundschool to study for the 5 exams I've taken so far and it is an excellent resource. The courses are based on teaching the CAA learning objectives for each subject and a few extras!

When you say 'ATC procedures' do you mean things like getting permission from ATC to enter controlled airspace? That's part of air law of course, but recurs in the Comms module (obviously). Same with Special VFR requests, and other stuff.

If you pass the EasyPPL mock exams (take them a few times, you'll get a different set of questions each time) with 85%+ each time you'll be fine for the real thing.