Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

Hi all,

Student pilot here, several hours into training, so not quite brand new but not far off.

Had my medical back in October, and a change of medication was necessary for compliance, otherwise all other aspects were a pass. Following guidance from my AME, I obtained a letter from my GP confirming that the change in medication has worked as expected and there are no issues. This was supplied to the CAA together with a covering letter from my AME.

The expectation is they will either accept that outright, or ask for their own assessment.

It's been nearly three months since that submission and no movement from the CAA at all. No change on the portal either, and the usual response when I call up and ask (just the once, as I don't want to over step the mark).

Does anyone have any idea how long I should expect to wait for something like this please?

Thanks in advance.
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Only your AME can advise you what the likely waiting time is.

It very much will depend on what type of medication it was, what the indication is and how that change has to be monitored.

There have been terrible delays in the processing of medicals for some time but if your additional information has been submitted in November then I would suggest you contact your AME once more and ask them for a progress report.