Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By T6Harvard
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
JAFO wrote:
NDB_hold wrote:Originally I was going to say ‘whatever watch you wear normally’, then remembered that this is the non-watch-wearing generation…

I think that's a compliment @T6Harvard :thumleft:

Good job my avatar is not my passport photo :lol:
By FlyingBoot
NDB_hold wrote:Originally I was going to say ‘whatever watch you wear normally’, then remembered that this is the non-watch-wearing generation…

Good job you didn't say that then as it should be 'whichever watch you normally wear'
By Paul_Sengupta
PeteSpencer wrote:'five mince pies past spongecake'.

Is that not in CAP 413?

Rjk983 wrote:It’s been 24 hours and @paulsengupta hasn’t responded, does anyone know if he is okay :D :D

I've been on holiday! It was my birthday. Two people on my travels made me cake!
T6Harvard, Rjk983 liked this
By T6Harvard
Belated Happy Cake Day @Paul_Sengupta !

Timepiece update :

1) Thank you all for the suggestions. I considered them all. I also laughed aloud at the vehement comment from @PeteSpencer - see point 2

2) I've had to abandon the kitchen timer that was suggested by @Rob P because yesterday I found myself doing a 'full and free' check on the yolk. I can't even hide my mistake because some mean forumite quoted that bit of my lesson write up. I have written 100 lines to atone :oops:

3) I deployed Confirmation Bias and bought the watch I was pondering over :lol: :roll:
Rob P liked this
By PeteSpencer
T6Harvard wrote:Belated Happy Cake Day @Paul_Sengupta !

Timepiece update :

1) Thank you all for the suggestions. I considered them all. I also laughed aloud at the vehement comment from @PeteSpencer - see point 2

2) I've had to abandon the kitchen timer that was suggested by @Rob P because yesterday I found myself doing a 'full and free' check on the yolk. I can't even hide my mistake because some mean forumite quoted that bit of my lesson write up. I have written 100 lines to atone :oops:

3) I deployed Confirmation Bias and bought the watch I was pondering over :lol: :roll:

Thanks for the update:
Makes a refreshing change from the usual Forum norm of advice being sought, twenty pages of advice given, then no acknowledgement or feedback report of outcome from the request. :thumleft:
T6Harvard, Rjk983 liked this
By Genghis the Engineer
T6Harvard wrote:May I ask for advice please, on the suitability of this watch for Nav exercises? The bezel does move, either count up or count down.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9025873 ... lsrc=aw.ds

Thank you

Yes, pretty much the sort of thing I wear for flying. Analogue, big clear display, reputable brand, shoulder around the setting knob to avoid snagging it.

Incidentally, I do personally need a stopwatch for instrument flying, but not for PPL or CPL style ded-reckoning nav, that requirement isn't really there, although I think that if I had a rotating bezel like that I *might* occasionally use it. So don't worry about the lack of stopwatch.

G
T6Harvard liked this