Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By Milty
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Any suggestions for apps or websites to help with radio work?

I’ve seen ARSim app but at £10/month, I’m interested to see if anyone has used it and found it worthwhile.

I’ve listened to a few podcasts of peoples training and it helps to get familiar with listening and familiarity but most that I’ve found is from the US.

I think it’s one of those things where familiarity and exposure helps.

TIA.
By Aerials
I'm not familiar with ARSim but can I recommend https://www.wilcoradio.com/ The whole website is worth reading for the background to who runs it and how it works. It's all CAP413 stuff so totally applicable to UK. There's a range of fees and the top one gives lifetime access (good for when you get a bit rusty perhaps) for a very reasonable sum.
Milty liked this
By StratoTramp
@Aerials that site looks really smart. Will have a closer look over weekend. Screw the landings, radio is the thing that gives me the most anxiety :lol:
Milty liked this
By T6Harvard
StratoTramp wrote:@Aerials that site looks really smart. Will have a closer look over weekend. Screw the landings, radio is the thing that gives me the most anxiety :lol:

We should team up. I love the radio. Can't land for toffee. :lol:
Milty, StratoTramp liked this