Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By TMartin
Hi,

So looking to do the BGA bronze theory exam, and trying to figure out how difficult it might be, and amassing appropriate materials to study to get the job done. So a few questions: how similar is the exam to the PPL theory exams? I know both types are multiple choice, but instead of nine separate exams for the PPL, the bronze seems to be one big amalgamation, so does anyone know how many questions actually are on the paper all together, and how long sitting the exam might last? And so then how much prep/time might be required or guessed it could take to pass comfortably? A relative question I know.

In terms of prepping for the exam, I've got the recommended Bronze and Beyond book, but is there any other actually essential reading or sources of material/information? I've also managed to find one online pdf practice paper (a question paper and an answer sheet), but if anyone knows of links to any other practice papers/question and answer resources, to get a better gist of what the actual exam will entail, and practice, that'd be great.
By low&slow
1998 BGA confuser, may be the same documents you already have:
questions
answers
Of course some of this will be well out of date.

IIRC there are 120 questions in the latest set, 10 sections of 12 questions, 75% pass mark for each section. I think you can take each section individually, at least that's what we do at my club. The BGA syllabus is published here on their website & includes a list of recommended reading at the end.