Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

You write well in English, your native language? - so do the flight schools you mention do all the exams in English? What is your nationality? Presumably you have the right to go to live/study/work in the EU countries on the list?

FYI Each country within Europe has vastly different living standards, local & national tax regimes, infastructure provision etc, this would account for major diffetences in price between countries, and even regions within the same country - basicly I think the word "swindle" is unnecessary...
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
StickOperator wrote:Plus it gives me a French competency on my CPL if I go this route

You will need English Language proficiency for Commercial flying,
Im trying to think why you would need French language proficiency, but i guess it doesnt hurt to have it?

You may not get so many replies regarding Europe here on flyer, a UK- oriented forum, you might get a better input about the flight schools in Europe you mention and European flying on this forum:

https://www.euroga.org/

Good luck.
You forgot a country,which is Belgium.I know minimum one school where i did my ppl and have modular studies ending with the CPL,lessons and flying in English mandatory but in a French and Flemish country (NEW CAG at Charleroi airport) and there are other schools with same level there.Have a look,i think the quotations are on their website.
Good luck