Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

So a wee update in case anyone is interested - I have an introductory flight with Glasgow flying club this coming Wednesday (hopefully with an instructor - we'll see), and with Prestwick flying club at the end of the month - unfortunately not with an instructor, apparently they couldn't make that happen. In any case I'll hopefully get a chance to meet some of the club members, and I'll maybe go back and meet them again once or twice before making a final decision.
Pity I didn't start seriously thinking about this a couple of months ago - missed all that dry clear weather! Ah well. :-)
JAFO, riverrock liked this
By Forfoxake
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
gnudoc wrote:So a wee update in case anyone is interested - I have an introductory flight with Glasgow flying club this coming Wednesday (hopefully with an instructor - we'll see), and with Prestwick flying club at the end of the month - unfortunately not with an instructor, apparently they couldn't make that happen. In any case I'll hopefully get a chance to meet some of the club members, and I'll maybe go back and meet them again once or twice before making a final decision.
Pity I didn't start seriously thinking about this a couple of months ago - missed all that dry clear weather! Ah well. :-)

When is the Prestwick flight?
By T6Harvard
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Ha! Another aviation addict.
It's never too late (ask me how I know). Just enjoy every amazing moment.

If I may ask, will you write up a little report for the rest of us Students?

There's a great bunch of folk sharing the learning experience and some really helpful 'old hands' offering guidance and sympathy (not @Miscellaneous though, he just tells you to get your act together and stop moaning :thumright: )

Miscellaneous wrote:@gnudoc, it only becomes more addictive the more often you fly! :wink:

Ain't that right, @T6Harvard ? :D

What's your thinking on choice of location?

Oh, @Miscellaneous, don't tease, you know how much I love it.

My name is T6Harvard and I'm addicted to flying.

Lesson tomorrow, so brace yourself for the ecstacy or the agony :lol: :lol:
Miscellaneous liked this