Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By T6Harvard
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
@editmonkey , oh that's a poor show by the first school. Did you ask for COPIES to new school? Rather than asking for copies, have you asked 'why they feel they don't need to send copies in a timely fashion?' ?

I'm sorry, I can't remember how many hours you did with the first place, but could you repeat the exercises (obvs be quicker now) and get them logged in your new training record by your current Instructor? I mean, wouldn't take an hour to do ex 4,5,6,7 and so on, then get them ticked off, etc.

Good luck with getting it sorted.
editmonkey liked this
By editmonkey
T6Harvard wrote:@editmonkey , oh that's a poor show by the first school. Did you ask for COPIES to new school? Rather than asking for copies, have you asked 'why they feel they don't need to send copies in a timely fashion?' ?

I'm sorry, I can't remember how many hours you did with the first place, but could you repeat the exercises (obvs be quicker now) and get them logged in your new training record by your current Instructor? I mean, wouldn't take an hour to do ex 4,5,6,7 and so on, then get them ticked off, etc.

Good luck with getting it sorted.

Cheers T6. Only 5 hours but still the neck end of a grand. It's an ongoing saga.
T6Harvard liked this
By T6Harvard
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Yes, they had the money and are gaining nothing by their inaction now, only illustrating their unfortunate attitude to legitimate student actions. Be a shame if word got round about their attitude because it may make other potential students wary.

But....* amateur psychology warning * @editmonkey , you spent the money, had a ball, proved you could do this flying malarkey, and if they sent copies of notes that wouldn't alter those facts or get the money back. It won't cost you much, in the grand scheme of things, to do the airwork at new school so they can sign the lessons off on their records, you've prob got most of it noted down already. Yes, you will have to do min 45 hours at new school but it'll be such a pleasure, what's not to love?!

Focus on whether to pursue copies, if so how, or let it go and make sure you current school can sign off the relevant lessons as you do the necessary.

And if anyone asks about first school or about changing schools tell the truth - no commentary, just the bare fact of requesting copies and not getting them. No need to risk slandering anyone by saying too much, the facts speak for themselves.

PS, remind me of this when I have to worry about 25hrs.......
JAFO, editmonkey liked this