Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

I'm looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and energetic FI in the Bournemouth area to take me though my PPL. Ideally someone with good availability who can fly with me on relatively short notice on weekdays or weekends to take advantage of good conditions.

I will be buying my own aircraft to learn in and fly for the next couple of years, and I would also like to get some support with that process.

If you are interested to teach and support an eager student in this (unusual) way please drop me a private message.
Hi there,

In Bournemouth there is Derek Davidson who offers intensive training so you’ll be passed within a month or so and he’s had 50 odd years experience:

https://derekdavidsonpilottraining.co.uk/

And there’s Bliss Aviation who are quite busy and have a few instructors and I’m pretty sure they are currently training someone with their own aircraft.

You’ll have to join the queue of people wanting short notice fair weather flights!

I’m not sure you’ll find stand-alone instructors as the courses need to be through an approved school.

Also think about the type of aircraft you’d want - you’ll probably outgrow a training aircraft pretty soon after passing, and anything faster or with more tech would put more pressure on you while training….

Hope that helps!

Mark
I should give Derek Davidson a miss as he's either no longer involved in GA and Ground school or simply does not answer communications.

I suspect after the accident he gave up training and just left the web links live. I would speak to Bliss Aviation, or even BCFC for PPL/Ground School. They are both there for personal visits and more importanly respond immediately to enquiries.

Good luck.