Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By Sooty25
@RobW if you are that close to Norwich airport, you must also be quite close to Felthorpe. Although they don't do ab-initio training, its worth a visit for a look around. Some interesting stuff in the hangars.
By RobW
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Highland Park wrote:Sorry, a bit late to this. Well done and good luck… I look forward to seeing the updates…

Ian

Thanks Ian, I will keep in touch and thanks again for the early advice, It was very much appreciated, fingers crossed for the weekend, maybe I will bump into you at the show

Sooty25 wrote:@RobW if you are that close to Norwich airport, you must also be quite close to Felthorpe. Although they don't do ab-initio training, its worth a visit for a look around. Some interesting stuff in the hangars.

About 15 mins, funny, I have lived here for over 30 years now and never realised there was an airfield there
Sooty25 liked this
By skydriller
RobW wrote:About 15 mins, funny, I have lived here for over 30 years now and never realised there was an airfield there

I think you will find that is the idea.... :wink:
By Sooty25
if you think Felthorpe was hidden, wait until you start to explore farm strips!

As for virtually impenetrable rules, abbreviations and acronyms, once you get through your licence you can forget all the ones you never use! :D
RobW liked this
By RobW
David Potts wrote:Out of interest, what are the landing fees for home based school aircraft at Norwich?

I only ask as they charge us nonresidents a small fortune

Hi,

The fee charged is £13.20, Although this is rolled into the package prices. It works out as £2026.90 for 10 hours flying with a single hour rate at £198. So with a package I am essentially paying £46.90 and that covers 16 landings.
By RobW
I got my first landing under my belt last night, so that was a bit of a milestone for me, Also been studying hard for Air Law, There is so much to learn but its all starting to feel a bit more natural, Thankfully there has been a warrior released for MSFS so I can get plenty of practice on the simulator between lessons!
JAFO, T6Harvard, jcal and 2 others liked this
By Sooty25
@RobW well done! don't get disheartened when you do a few duff ones and remember, nobody ever said "why did he go around?", but hundreds have said "why didn't he go around?" :thumleft:

Norfolk skies were certainly a bit hazy last night, but so smooth, well, they were at 20:00 when I was up!
JAFO, T6Harvard liked this