Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By Micromouse
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I went solo Today

It didn't start well with loosing my wallet the night before, road closures on the way the the aerodrome, and then no breakfast, but I arrived. The plan was a few flights with the CFI, then possibly solo... The CFI flights were interesting, with mistakes all over the place, but we landed and I was asked did I feel ready? I said 80% and the CFI said he was happy....in came the gopros - its like being under big brother, and then I was on my own.

Take-off was uneventfully, The circuit was fine, and the tower held some traffic on base & final. Final was airspeed runway, airspeed runway, airspeed runway....you know the drill. Landing was a little bumpy but it was safe. Trundle off the runway, post landing checks and then taxi to fuelling. Then out came the cameras, I had quite a crowd including wifey who has been fantastic with her support.

More pictures and in cockpit to follow. but the initial video is below.

Many thanks for everyone who was offered advice and support, the aviation community has been one of the most welcoming I have ever been involved in.

Thank you all!!!

P.S I found my wallet!!
Rob P, JAFO, Iceman and 8 others liked this
By Rob P
A flight you will never forget. :D

Rob P
By Nero
Congratulations!

I toyed with videoing my own but decided against it in the end. Think I might record my QXC :)

~ Scott
By Crash one
Congratulations welcome to the world of the impoverished privileged. :D :thumleft:
By riverrock
Congrats! It's a huge step to be able to get to the point that your instructor is happy for you to head out alone, and then to actually do it!
By Micromouse
Here is the really fun version..... the in cockpit video!!!

By Duncan M
Congratulations,
I see you lost you wallet earlier in day.............................don't bother buying a replacement, you'll have nothing to put in it now!!
By Micromouse
I actually found it later :-) but I know EXACTLY what you mean :-)