Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

No real reason to post this, other than my own excitement I guess. Long story short, I got my PPL at the tail end of 2017, but had to suspend my medical at the start of 2019 due to migraines.

I did get an OSL (safety pilot) medical last year, and fitted in a quick flight with my old school, but with COVID and a lack of work I just let it go.

But, touch wood because I've got another month to go, I'm 5 months migraine free which according to the CAA makes me valid for an unrestricted medical if I can make it to 6 months.

I'm actually quite nervous - stopping flying completely was probably not all that smart, but it was such a bitter blow at the time that I really couldn't put myself through it knowing I may not ever fly solo again.

But, once I verify my understanding of the process with an AME, I'm going to be booking a block of lessons to get me back up to standard and revalidate my PPL. I sometimes feel like I've forgotten more than I learnt, but last time I flew everything felt very comfy!

Funnily enough, a month before I suspended my medical I actually passed the CAD test and was marked coloursafe. So I can get my night rating this time round!
T6Harvard, leiafee, Charles Hunt and 2 others liked this