Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By Fellsteruk
You guys n gals have been super helpful and supportive on my journey this far and I’m super pleased to share I did my skills test today and got a pass.

Literally the worse two and a half hours flight of my life but that was mostly due to the temperature today, I was saturated mentally and with sweat between the heat and nerves I was a wreck. Examiner was a gent did everything he could to calm and reassure me but my nerves defo got the better of me.

Shameful landings, safe but not pretty when I got back to the apron and shutdown I just held my head wasn’t sure if I was gonna pass out or upchuck thankfully neither but I was convinced I’d failed and was pretty embarrassed at the performance I’d just put in and at that point was mentally empty, I kinda just wanted to get some water and lay down and was like fail or pass I wanna go home.

The sun did a number on me :(

But I passed, I was almost too exhausted to be happy or show it at least but now having been home a couple hours been fed and watered I’m on cloud nine.

Thanks for all your support and help over past two years, my journey and learning is only just getting started but I’m great full to this place for the role it’s played :D
Miscellaneous, Morten, Rob P and 26 others liked this
By TopCat
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Fellsteruk wrote:You guys n gals have been super helpful and supportive on my journey this far and I’m super pleased to share I did my skills test today and got a pass.

Fantastic news, really well done. I'm so pleased for you.

Literally the worse two and a half hours flight of my life but that was mostly due to the temperature today, I was saturated mentally and with sweat between the heat and nerves I was a wreck.

I really hope I didn't jinx you with the account of my NFT!

Bottom line: You coped with it. The examiner judged you sufficiently safe and competent to pass. That's all you need to take from it for now. Definitely do not beat yourself up for the things that you thought weren't good enough.

my journey and learning is only just getting started

Yep. Time to learn to fly now. :D

Very well done again. :thumleft:
By Morten
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Well done to @Fellsteruk. You were already a pilot but clearly anotehr step along the way. Enjoy :)

Also a shout-out to @Nero as I am glad to see that students are still learning to lean:
Nero wrote:[...] would be great for us Leaners :)
:thumright:
Charles Hunt and 1 others liked this