Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By Power90
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Thanks, everyone. indeed still completely chuffed today!

For me, having recently moved, it's great finding a flying club as I've made some friends too.

The other week we were asked to break the circuit to provide a weather report, leading to the first time flying around the clouds for me (as a passenger of course). A real pinch yourself moment.

The hard work starts now! I'm based at Enstone if anyone else is in the area?
By StratoTramp
Dave W wrote:
abiopete wrote:Taxiing (which i am finding more difficult than expected, get all muddled with the pedals)

Normal! I reckon aircraft manufacturers do it deliberately to make the actual flying bit seem well within everybody's capabilities! ;)

Ditto! Though not which is which, just oversteering.

I think at the start I was going way to slow, literally crawling - so I'd have to put too much pressure on the rudder, when it did turn I would go too far, then overcorrect back. World's slowest tank slipper all the way up... The 700 METRE field Zzzzzz.... Probably did 2000 metres. Probably wasn't great for nose wheel.

To be honest there is relatively little downside. To struggling with taxi-ing at the start (as long as you are heading away from the fuel pumps!)

:thumleft:
abiopete liked this
By abiopete
StratoTramp wrote:
Dave W wrote:
abiopete wrote:Taxiing (which i am finding more difficult than expected, get all muddled with the pedals)

Normal! I reckon aircraft manufacturers do it deliberately to make the actual flying bit seem well within everybody's capabilities! ;)

Ditto! Though not which is which, just oversteering.

I think at the start I was going way to slow, literally crawling - so I'd have to put too much pressure on the rudder, when it did turn I would go too far, then overcorrect back. World's slowest tank slipper all the way up... The 700 METRE field Zzzzzz.... Probably did 2000 metres. Probably wasn't great for nose wheel.

To be honest there is relatively little downside. To struggling with taxi-ing at the start (as long as you are heading away from the fuel pumps!)

:thumleft:

Its not which pedal, its top or bottom of pedal. Oversteering as a result.

Hopefully its a non-issue and i nail it next week