Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By Morten
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Fabulous news :)
Indeed - there should be 8 hours from bottle to throttle, but there is no reason to follow the same rule from throttle to bottle. Enjoy the cold stuff and savour the feeling. Good job, well done! :thumleft:
editmonkey liked this
By Micromouse
editmonkey wrote:First solo today @Morten

In dire need of a calming pint but was fantastic.

Congratulations I had mine on Friday, now into the consolidation phase…. Great feeling isn’t it

Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MachFlyer, editmonkey liked this
Question to all students,

Can we apply for the new CAA self decoration medical whilst "students" with no PPL ?

I see my self as young fit to fly and the aircraft weight is under the 2000kg requirement any idea's or help.

Thank you. Sam.
By T6Harvard
sampompey wrote:Question to all students,

Can we apply for the new CAA self decoration medical whilst "students" with no PPL ?

I see my self as young fit to fly and the aircraft weight is under the 2000kg requirement any idea's or help.

Thank you. Sam.

Hey Sam,

There is a thread for asking questions about licensing requirements - viewforum.php?f=69 so it would be worth asking on there. Lots of knowledgeable people will offer good advice.

AFAIK you would need a LAPL medical at least (from a GP or AME*), but if you are going to be doing the PPL then a Class 2 med from an AME is req'd before you can do the solo. The self declaration is only allowed after you've had a medical certificate issued by a relevant professional, so at renewal you declare you are still fit.

*Aero Medical Examiner

HTH
By Morten
Good news :)

Looking at this year's list so far, there should be a first solo for a couple on here soon, methinks. If only the weather would settle... :thumright:
jcal liked this