Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By Micromouse
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
FlyingBoot wrote:First solo yesterday. A very welcome early Christmas present. Still buzzing today. Boy, the climb rate felt phenomenal but remembered to start descent slightly earlier and still did a glide approach.

Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By T6Harvard
FlyingBoot wrote:First solo yesterday. A very welcome early Christmas present. Still buzzing today. Boy, the climb rate felt phenomenal but remembered to start descent slightly earlier and still did a glide approach.

Well done! Keep grinning, you've earnt it :mrgreen: :clap: . Where are you flying from?
By Milty

Well done. Everyone comments on how different the aircraft performs but no amount of talk can actually prepare you for it.
Flying from Little Gransden, Cambridgeshire. Aircraft was an Ikarus C42 as going for NPPL(m). I guess the difference in weight is proportionally greater in such a light aircraft when the instructor gets out compared to more regular GA aircraft that the perfomance change is really noticeable.
Managed to get in five circuits before the instructor called me in as another student was waiting. Can't wait to fly again.
Milty, T6Harvard liked this