Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

Hi everyone,

It is difficult to get a real grasp of the good and bad schools, yet it is such a big decision given how much money I will need to spend!

I live in Birmingham and therefore am looking to the flight schools at Tatenhill or Coventry to do my hours building. IR/CPL etc in the hope of working as a pilot one day. I believe there are currently two schools therefore available to me - Aeros and Central Flight Training.

I would interested in hearing about your experience with either of these organisations good or bad (happy to accept private messages if you’re not comfortable providing candid feedback publicly).

I have visited Aeros and am very impressed, and will visit CFT post lockdown. Would be great to get some more independent thoughts however,

Thanks

Simon
I’ve trained with both extensively.

They are both different propositions to be honest. Aeros is a big multi site commercial operation, do a modular end to end package, uniform and epaulettes etc .. CFT are a small personalised operation that do a lot of FI and FE training, amazing quality training but more personalised. Aeros use DA42 and CFT a Duchess.

As ever, visit both and I would say a lot depends on how, when you want to train and what kind of experience you are after.

Happy to discuss detail by PM if you want