Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By Fellsteruk
It’s no so much one or the other but “put your hands together”

I had pre covid led and now even more post covid lard luckily I’m hoping I can shed it when the pools open soon.

But man... cake, cake is amazing especially when used to finish off a nice flight :)

Maybe it’s me I’m a lard ****.
T6Harvard liked this
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Fellsteruk wrote:I’m not sure what I’m more excited about my first flight in an age or the cafe at my new airfield and the cakes they make.

There's a very symbiotic relationship.

Fellsteruk wrote:Not gonna lie I’m very nervous about how much I’ve forgotten and really hope it’s not too much.

Well, there's usually Victoria sponge, carrot cake, coffee and walnut, and of course chocolate cake. I had a lovely courgette cake at Popham once.

Fellsteruk wrote:I’m guessing I’m not alone on that front

No.
By Fellsteruk
If I could fly on drool I’d have the cheapest ppl..

It’s a novelty to have a toilet at the airport for me so a brick building, posh coffee, cake etc etc well I’m excited.

I’m easily pleased
T6Harvard liked this
By FlightDek
Fellsteruk wrote:I’m not sure what I’m more excited about my first flight in an age or the cafe at my new airfield and the cakes they make.

Fellsteruk

Are you starting at Hawarden now? I might see you there as I sometimes fly a Robin based there (when I can get back up with an instructor to blow away almost 6 months of cobwebs)
By Fellsteruk
FlightDek wrote:

Fellsteruk

Are you starting at Hawarden now? I might see you there as I sometimes fly a Robin based there (when I can get back up with an instructor to blow away almost 6 months of cobwebs)

Yeah will be at Hawarden now, are there many GA aircraft based there seems to be lots of jets more than anything else.
By T6Harvard
Fellsteruk wrote:If I could fly on drool I’d have the cheapest ppl..

It’s a novelty to have a toilet at the airport for me so a brick building, posh coffee, cake etc etc well I’m excited.

I’m easily pleased

Now you're talking - posh coffee :thumleft:

I am hoping I can do XC to Hawarden in summer. My Grandad was an engineer there, building Wellingtons during the war. Vickers-Armstrong production there and an outpost in Cheshire (possibly for repairs) at Byley, where he spent most of his working week. He had a PPL, flying mainly from Speke.
By FlightDek
Fellsteruk wrote:Yeah will be at Hawarden now, are there many GA aircraft based there seems to be lots of jets more than anything else.

Not that many as far as I know. I know someone who has a Fuji there and G-ODIP (Aviat Husky on floats) is also there. I learned there with Flintshire Flying School in 2015 and really enjoyed it. I think Merseyflight are going in Flintshire's old offices.
By t1m80
Nero wrote:Skytrek at Rochester have just mailed with similar phased plans and dates to get renewals done first

~ Scott

Booked in at Rochester for flights on Sat 17th (club reval) and 24th for a bimble.

Had some issues with them not recieving my emails for an as yet unknown reason, so if anyone has been waiting an uncomfortably long time for a response from Skytrek you might want to try and contact them through facebook.

I am excited to the point of bursting :-)
T6Harvard, JAFO liked this