Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By flyingearly
I think this is one of those things where schools and clubs will naturally align now that the dates are known.

If the DfT are recommending 12th Jan (or 'no earlier than') it's quite hard to see how Biggin will keep to 17th May. Obviously, people have very different risk appetites and perspectives on Coronavirus, but personally I'd be pretty infuriated if every other flying school was resuming lessons on 12th and mine was holding off for another month, although I'd be more sympathetic if there were specific reasons for that delay (e.g. my instructor was older with underlying health conditions!)
By Fellsteruk
For anyone interest PPL Ground School are offering a free online course: Infringement Avoidance for Private & Microlight & Commercial Pilots https://www.easypplgroundschool.com/mai ... -course.do

Seems like a worthwhile thing doing for some of us newbies especially given how long it's been since last flying.

Info from their site:
How much is your Pilots Licence worth to you?

Infringements cost time, effort and money to all parties concerned. Time and time again, we come across and re-train pilots who have infringed. The consequences of infringing Notified Airspace are wide and varied, and may range from a letter, through to re-training (at your own expense), and ultimately to licence suspension by the CAA.

Thats where we come in. And we're offering you a FREE Infringement Avoidance Course right here.

You won't find any other place or organisation that offers you a FREE Infringement Avoidance Course! It covers everything you need to know, all in one place, including the latest best practices that involve the use of GPS Moving Map devices!

We even teach you how to configure your GPS Moving Map device in order to give you the best possible chance of not infringing because you're configured for best practice at both planning and flying stages! (We use SkyDemon in our examples).
By T6Harvard
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
My instructor just rang to see if I wanted to book lessons from 12th April.

I said, Nah, I hate flying, completely gone off the idea.

I could hear his shock then disbelief in the silent few seconds before he laughed like a drain.

Whoop whoop! Am booked in for 2 lessons a week :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
JAFO, Charles Hunt and 1 others liked this
By T6Harvard
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Nero wrote:Haha tempted to say the same when my school ring!

Hoping they ring soon.....

It's like a teenage relationship.

~ Scott

That's so funny!

MrT6 has just told me to calm down because I'm a bit hyper atm !!!
tcc1000 and 1 others liked this
By Fellsteruk
I’m not sure what I’m more excited about my first flight in an age or the cafe at my new airfield and the cakes they make.

Not gonna lie I’m very nervous about how much I’ve forgotten and really hope it’s not too much.

I’m guessing I’m not alone on that front as we’ve all been grounded for a while now ain’t we.

Skyway code V3 being ingested as I type :)
T6Harvard liked this