Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By GrahamB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
T6Harvard wrote:Oh come on! Share and share alike!?
I have previously offered cake* :mrgreen:
*equal shares for all POB, not payment in kind. I know the rules :D

The rules do not specify equal shares (nor no payment in kind), but common decency does though.
By T6Harvard
Sorry for the confusion. I meant that I know private pilots cannot take payment for their piloting. I know you can do a genuine cost-share. I also have common decency and would always stand lunch etc, should anyone be offering students a seat if we ever get back into the air. :thumright:

(It was equal shares of the large cake,I was referring to, btw)
By Rob P
Nice try, but no. In a single pilot aircraft, the other seats are purely for passengers, even if they take some responsibility, such as nav or radio.

Rob P
By mick w
Rob P wrote:Nice try, but no. In a single pilot aircraft, the other seats are purely for passengers, even if they take some responsibility, such as nav or radio.

Rob P

Unless he picks someone with an Instructor rating :wink:
Rob P liked this
By IWF
@Iceman

I did some real flying a few years ago when friends were out in the states for their IFR. Flying around SFO was a blast, as was landing on the main runway at Oakland, in front of a couple of 737. Best of all though was on departure hearing a BA 757 pilot ask if the clearance given for us was for him. ‘No’ came back ATC ‘you’re no 2 to the Cessna’ made my week !
T6Harvard, Iceman liked this
By Highland Park
Rob P wrote:
JAFO wrote:
Then you came along with your tales of lunch in northern France and trips to the brasserie and choclatier and now I want to do that too.

You're on! As soon as the world is put to rights there's a RH seat waiting for you. (Probably shortly after Mrs P has had her visit)

Rob P

At some point @JAFO is hoping to become the newest member of The Shiny Colt syndicate, in which I believe you’ve undertaken a number of trips across La Manche. My plan last year was to do that with Richard, but obviously that didn’t happen. Takes about 90-ish minutes in the Colt? Likewise Adrian, I’m sure Richard would be happy to take you...

Ian
Rob P liked this
By JAFO
@Highland Park - Ian, I'll go anywhere with anybody.

I'm certainly looking forward to joining the Shiny Colt group once we're allowed back out to play. Stupidly excited at the prospect, to be completely honest.