Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

Almost 20 years back I bought two pairs of HM40 PNR headsets from all-round avionics heroes Harry Mendelssohn.

https://www.gps.co.uk/hm40-headset/p-0-790/

They performed faultlessly as the Shiny Colt trekked all over the UK, France and Italy. Eventually I succumbed and had one set converted to ANR by the ANRMan. That set is now in use by Mrs P in the passenger seat of the RV.

The other set acquired a split in the cable insulation which is now taped over very crudely. Despite this they work just as well as ever. (On a par with the basic Dave Clark PNR which cost multiple times more, though are finished in a fetching shade of green so you can look like a DC-3 pilot from the 1950s)

My aeroplane only has two seats. I have two functioning ANR headsets, the likely destination for the HMs is the bin.

Unless, out there, there is a student who could use them?

I'll cover the postage, nothing expected in return other than that they continue in use, and ideally the crude taping replaced by something more sophisticated - heat shrink perhaps? Or you could later get them converted to ANR which replaces the cabling anyway.

Rob P

Last edited by Rob P on Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JAFO, Cessna571 liked this
Did you already receive a reply to this? My daughter just started PPL training and is dreaming of a career in aviation, but then lockdown came. She just has two hours in her log book but we have started learning theory at home in the meantime.