Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By T6Harvard
Ooh, interesting!
Within a reasonable distance for me to travel and adjacent to my old stomping ground :D

I'll keep an eye on developments.

My one reservation about having a few lessons there is that they only seem to offer PA.. nothing against the ac but my learning is C152 and my hours are miniscule! Perhaps I'll wait a bit.

Thanks for the heads up.
By GrahamB
T6Harvard wrote:My one reservation about having a few lessons there is that they only seem to offer PA.. nothing against the ac but my learning is C152 and my hours are miniscule! Perhaps I'll wait a bit.

There's nothing at all inherently wrong with a C152, but a Tomahawk is a better aircraft to actually learn in, as it has to be flown, rather than sat in and steered.

IMHO of course. :wink:
T6Harvard, AndyR, TopCat and 4 others liked this
By JAFO
I learned in the Tomahawk, it didn't help, I'm still rubbish, but it's a much nicer aeroplane than a C152, IMHO.

I never know, does the H stand for honest or humble. If it's humble then I meant IMO :wink:
By Rob P
Plus 1 to all the above.

Tommy trumps Cesspit 152 every time - Though I have flown an Aerobat and that was fun.

Rob P
T6Harvard wrote:Ooh, interesting!
Within a reasonable distance for me to travel and adjacent to my old stomping ground :D

I'll keep an eye on developments.

My one reservation about having a few lessons there is that they only seem to offer PA.. nothing against the ac but my learning is C152 and my hours are miniscule! Perhaps I'll wait a bit.

Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah looks like they will have two pa38’s out of Chester for now but who knows if it takes off “no Pune intended” maybe they will expand :)

I’d personally like to see a 172 so this fat ass can give it a go :$
T6Harvard liked this
By JAFO
Better vis than a Tomahawk? I'm not sure about that.

I never really liked the 172. I found the 150 and the 152 to be reasonably good fun but I never got on with their big brother nor had the desire to fly one again. Horses for courses, I suppose.