Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By Micromouse
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
As we are highjacking threads :-), I did my ex14 yesterday- I’m still not sure if it has really sunk in :-)

Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UncleT, riverrock liked this
By Crash one
It will eventually sink in, Though you may have to get the smile surgically removed.
By T6Harvard
Hope you've got early times....thermals / thunder later in the day from Weds onwards?

Will have my fingers crossed for you.

I have a lesson tomorrow :mrgreen:
TopCat liked this
By andynxn
Well after the last two/three weeks of bad weather and work commitment cancellations. I am proud and excited to say I did my solo today. 15 minutes of self time logged in the book. What an experience that is. I think the worst bit was once them wheels left the ground my mind stated racing with its all me and me only... I found I was triple checking everything, But loved it and it does all come into place.
Certainly a once in a lifetime tick in the box.

Much needed pint tonight :thumright:
Rob P, TopCat, mick w and 6 others liked this
By Rob P
Make it two pints!

Richly deserved.

Rob P
By andynxn
Managed to get another lesson in today. So went up with instructor first for 2 touch and gos then a land. Instructor got out and i went alone again.

Two touch and go's and a landing all on my own. 35 minutes logged.
I must say i was much more carm this time, sweaty parms were still present but really enjoyed the whole experiance much more. First landing was a little bounce, but held it and she dropped nicely on the runway without a bang, second one was a nice screech, no bump, i even said nice to myself. Final landing about the same but maybe slightly leaned over as one main wheel touched first then the second, but kept nose wheel up and it eventually came down nicely.
Must say i was very apprehensive about going again, but i really did enjoy it this time. More time and freed up mentally slightly to actually enjoy it. ATC were really nice and other pilots once they hear 'student' on radio are very good.
Onwards and upwards :D
editmonkey, bladerunner911, T6Harvard and 2 others liked this
By Rob P
andynxn wrote:maybe slightly leaned over as one main wheel touched first then the second ...

So you started on crosswind technique of your own volition?

Very enterprising. :thumleft:

Rob P
T6Harvard liked this
By andynxn
Hi Guys,

Well its been a while since i have updated here, i tend to be more of a lurking in the background and keeping up with the gossip type person anyway.

But i would just like to let you all know i passed my Skills test this weekend. :D :D :D
I guess i can say im officially a pilot now :thumright:

Thank you to everyone on here for you help over the last year or so, its been an amazing journey and have loved every minute of it. I would definitely say it was not as easy as i thought, but well worth it all.
Milty, FlightDek, Micromouse and 6 others liked this
By Micromouse
Congratulations as some will say the learning starts now. But enjoy it and once you get your license get back in the air!
By andynxn
Well it might sound strange but im now bricking it going back on my own. Last few months have been with instructor as i did my QXC in December. Then with weather and work ive just been having odd lesson till i got a weather break for test.

But now i guess im all on my own.....
By FlyingBoot
Congratulations on passing the GST. Once you get that nice bit of paper back, you don't have to be all on your own, you can take whoever you want with you.