Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By T6Harvard
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
@tr7v8 . That sounds like another big lot of progress!! I had a dreadful lesson a few weeks ago and the one after that was better than any previously - I'd stepped up another little level.

Enjoy the cruise, and many Happies for Birthday and Anni
tr7v8 liked this
By akg1486
T6Harvard wrote:Enjoy the cruise

Assuming you refer to the new Top Gun movie that opens next week, I think you should capitalize "Cruise". :D
T6Harvard liked this
By tr7v8
akg1486 wrote:
T6Harvard wrote:Enjoy the cruise

Assuming you refer to the new Top Gun movie that opens next week, I think you should capitalize "Cruise". :D

Nowt to do with Top Gun or Thomas everything to do with a P & O ship Ventura!
T6Harvard liked this
By T6Harvard
ericgreveson wrote:Brilliant! I'm going to guess that your face hurts because you're still grinning :-D

Yep :mrgreen:

And best of all, the long suffering MrT6, who apparently takes no notice of my flying antics, has messaged everyone we know to tell them, bless him.
Harleyatrix, ericgreveson, WelshRichy and 4 others liked this
By Miscellaneous
T6Harvard wrote:Exercise 14 complete. 10 mins as PIC :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I've just re read last night's PMs, you didn't see that coming, did you? :D

Well done! Don't you just love it when a plan comes together. :wink:
T6Harvard liked this
By T6Harvard
Miscellaneous wrote:
T6Harvard wrote:Exercise 14 complete. 10 mins as PIC :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I've just re read last night's PMs, you didn't see that coming, did you? :D

Well done! Don't you just love it when a plan comes together. :wink:

I did not!

A combo of nice aeroplane, calm winds, quiet circuit, and I flew well the whole time sealed the deal. The three EFATO tests were good, too. I'd been practising quick accurate reaction whilst flying the chair yesterday :lol:

I still didn't twig what was afoot when my Instructor asked how I thought I'd done with the lesson and whether I'd left a copy of my medical with the office as I landed!

Then he taxi'd us rather than me doing it, and parked in an odd place. He said I'd flown well and asked if I wanted to go on my own. I just gawped for a moment and said, "Really?". "Yep.".

So a very short safety brief - remember it'll climb faster without ballast, go-around if you need to. Then a thumbs up and off he went :mrgreen:

I did power checks while I waited for someone on Base, then off I went.

I didn't have any nerves at all (after all I've done a eleventy billion circuits already :lol: ).

Happy with TO and climb, no issue with change in weight.
I talked to myself as I did the necessary stuff :) and as I lined up on Final I was happy with height n speed. All felt just fine.

Landing was spot on (for 'spot on' read 'My best ever').
Shame no-one was videoing it :roll: Even @TopCat would have rated it pretty good :lol:

I do love flying :mrgreen:
Last edited by T6Harvard on Tue May 31, 2022 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miscellaneous, ericgreveson, tr7v8 and 4 others liked this