Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By Fellsteruk
Hope you’re all enjoying the bank holiday.

Was up early this morning for a trip to Mona for some circuits, closed being a bank holiday, what about caernarfon apparently closed to all visitors as the S&R are playing with a new drone :(

So off to Halfpenny Green we went, amazing little trip really enjoyed it, first time to the strip and furthest nav exercise, so far and first time doing an overhead join and all I can say is what control mayhem, the AFIS and A\G was great but was super busy at one point five in the circuit, enjoyed every moment but boy had to have eyes everywhere.

Guys in the tower really nice and at £30 for as many circuits as you want a bargain especially when I’m use to paying more than that to land at Liverpool.

Also fuel cheap as chips £1.70L

I’m sure lots of you have been there but if not we’ll worth a visit :)

Thought I’d share :p
MachFlyer, T6Harvard, Flyin'Dutch' and 1 others liked this
By Fellsteruk
In fairness Charles , yes it is!! My experience thus far is Hawarden and Liverpool both of which are pretty big with ATC so it felt very small but looking at some “proper strips” your right it’s u fair to call it that.

As I said it’s lovely, cafe was closed sadly as I was looking forward to a coffee on the grass watching the traffic, next time!!
Flyin'Dutch' liked this