Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
@editmonkey @RichM

I dont know how easy it is to get to your old school, but I agree with the last few posters that there is alot to be said for pitching up in person whenever you want something. Letters, Emails & phonecalls can be easily ignored and forgotten. Its hard to ignore someone stood in front of you that wont go away. Be polite but firm.
By the way, I believe it’s the hours in your log book that count, not your notes.

It’s your log book that is your record, as long as someone is prepared to sign them all off as real when you apply for your licence.

Personally I think the notes have gone.
If so, get them to sign off the hours in your log book that you flew with them as valid.

Sure your new school can advise you on this though.
Thanks guys. It’s all sorted now, managed to get the CFI directly and notes are on their way.

It’s true, the CAA don’t need notes, but the new school won’t sign off on hours logged at my old school without their trainings notes as proof. I can see the point, otherwise I could have made anything up in my logbook.

I guess this brings me to another question: should I have every logbook entry signed by my FI? Some flyers have suggested this is the case. ATM I have no proof that I’ve flown a single hour other than training school records, and the logbook filled in by me.
tcc1000 liked this
By Fellsteruk
I think some FIs do some don’t but if asked they will. My logbook is a mix mostly not signed but some of the key bits were signed like the mandated 2hours stall and first solo but I don’t think there is any rule on it.

If your staying with this new school I’d suggest you don’t need to as once you’ve past the skills test you get a completion certificate which is essentially confirmation of hours done etc which the CAA use also anyone could sign it, my point being I don’t think a signature next to every hour would mitigate the need for notes as it could be made up?

I’ll give you that advice I’ve been given on here. It’s your log book and you can do what you want with it so if you do want each flight signed/certified do it no harm.