Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By LD1Racing
After my Never give up thread I thought I'd post some photos from recent adventures in my fist six-months qualified, just in case there are any students out there battling through (with?) UK PPL training.

So far I've taken up the wife, my ex-pilot father and my 7yo boy. My 5yo girl is still playing it cool, but I'm sure I can convince her soon. We've been to Islay for a bottle of whiskey, and Blackpool for fish and chips. I've managed 25 hours since licence issue so far, which I'm pleased with given my work/life balance. My target while still renting the club aircraft is 36hr/year, or 6 hours a month for the six I spend in the UK. The plan now is to add a night rating and IR(R) this winter once the night draw in and the weather deteriorates.

Anyway, in no particular order, here are some photos from those flights which can hopefully inspire any of you guys currently feeling that your training is going nowhere. Stick at it, the rewards make it all worthwhile.

Apologies for the Photobucket watermark.
johnm, Morten, FlightDek and 2 others liked this