Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By Wicksay
Sir Morley Steven wrote:Back to being a student. Did my MEP a couple of weeks ago and now about to start CBIR ground school. Groan. I must be mad.
Where did you do your MEP and what in? You might very well be mad but you're an inspiration to me :-)

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
By Irv Lee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I hated my multi course decades ago, awful instructor, wouldn't let me fly the damn thing on two engines for even a minute, it always seemed. I remember the day Bournemouth got an emergency and put us on a level radar heading for about 10 minutes to keep us as a known quantity whilst they dealt with the other aircraft, best part of the course, I was actually allowed to fly on two engines and settle to enjoy it.
Sir Morley Steven wrote:Did my MEP a couple of weeks ago

which one? Farage presumably.
cockney steve liked this
By PeteSpencer
Sir Morley Steven wrote:Back to being a student. Did my MEP a couple of weeks ago and now about to start CBIR ground school. Groan. I must be mad.

Nah: If I can do CAA/PPL/IR at 63 then I'm sure you can.............................

(still cr ap myself at the annual revals ten years on, though!)

Never did the MEP though. :(

Peter
johnm liked this
By Sir Morley Steven
Wicksay wrote:
Where did you do your MEP and what in? You might very well be mad but you're an inspiration to me :-)

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Did it at Redhill in a Seneca.
By Sir Morley Steven
Irv Lee wrote:
PeteSpencer wrote:(still cr ap myself at the annual revals ten years on, though!)

This may become useful info once we know more about the other 364 days

Never trust a fart at our age Pete!
PeteSpencer liked this
By GolfHotel
I’ve got 3 of the CBIR exams next week. I’m too bloody old for this learning lark!

And I’m a slip of a lad being only 60
By GolfHotel
Sir Morley Steven wrote:First five passed, two to go!

Your getting them done a lot faster than me then. Well done. I’ve passed 5 as well. Got gnav and rnav booked for Jan. only got about 4 weeks in between with time to spare to learn. Not feeling over confident but will give it a good go.