Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By riverrock
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
The CFI may well also be your ground examiner, so they are likely to know a lot better than me. Its been a few years since I passed mine.
By cadoganpier
I've just done all my exams in the last 4 weeks ( save Law which I did earlier). I read all the books and made notes, highlighted the key areas and then did all the test questions at the end of each chapter. I used PPL tutor a bit but what made the difference was going to see Linda Wheeler for some final revision. It might seem a bit belt and braces but I hope I actually have a core understanding of the subjects.
The current system is ridiculously easy to short cut by just learning the questions and answers without any real understanding, in my humble opinion.
By Malcvxer
cadoganpier wrote:I've just done all my exams in the last 4 weeks ( save Law which I did earlier). I read all the books and made notes, highlighted the key areas and then did all the test questions at the end of each chapter. I used PPL tutor a bit but what made the difference was going to see Linda Wheeler for some final revision. It might seem a bit belt and braces but I hope I actually have a core understanding of the subjects.
The current system is ridiculously easy to short cut by just learning the questions and answers without any real understanding, in my humble opinion.

Good advice and well done. We all need a Linda Wheeler!!! She your FI?
:x