Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By samsee23
Hey Guys,

I am a new student pilot who is colour blind. I am just starting out and thought I would film my adventures and hoped that you guys might like to come along for the ride... check it out here:
Last edited by samsee23 on Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
1) Colour blindness has never been a problem for a PPL, only for night flying as you mention. It may not be a complete barrier to night flying either as there are certain tests you can do to determine just how much you're affected. QSD of this forum is colour blind and he is a flying instructor at Redhill. He's documented a few things about it on here in the past if you want to go looking.

2) You can fly to Europe on an LAPL. It's outside Europe you can't fly on it as it isn't ICAO compliant.

3) You say they use the PA38 for stalling rather than the PA28 as the handling is easier. Hah, no! :D You'll find out. In fact, it's the opposite, learning stall recovery in a PA38 will train you better as it requires a better technique.

Ah, I miss the old Cardiff Wales Flying Club.
By samsee23
Artschool wrote:how do you get the time to do the blog and learn to fly!

also not all flight schools let you film the lessons so you better ask first.

I think my weekends will be very busy!!

If they don't let me film the flight I will still vlog about what I did... ill just have to do it on the ground.