Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

Hi Tim. I was going to say good luck but that seems pointless. With my BA training starting in April I'm going to try to complete the PPL by then but recognise the challenge, especially with the SA trip in Feb. Clearly the greatest skill in aviation is Patience. If you do get the swap boat I'd love to come for a ride!
By t1m80
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Not quite given up yet. Had half a dozen lessons canned recently. 3 sessions booked end of Jan , one of which I'm hoping will be my skills test. Not yet found a swamp boat but still looking.

Was meant to be flying out of Lydd today :roll:
My first flight since early Dec tomorrow and that one followed a 5 week gap so feeling a tad apprehensive if we get up. Got some charts for Xmas and look and feel lovely but they weren't made for table cloths.

Fingers and toes crossed for you Tim.
By Nero
Feel for you both. Currently learning out of Biggin so have had a few lessons over Christmas, though had this weekend cancelled due to the wind/crosswinds

Biggest lesson is definitely patience!

All the best with your Gatwick job :)

Scott

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Last edited by Nero on Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Or more poetry..

Water water everywhere, runway closed, no tarmac there.Jack frost arrives to firm up the ground, a cancellation meant I get to hear the engine sound. I flew to Rochester, Thurrock and over Brands Hatch, with clear blue skies and setting sun I return to Headcorn, got to love my home patch.

Today was one of those lucky student days. When I was having a mug of tea and chomping on a sausage roll my Instructor's next lesson cancelled. For about 5 mins I contemplated not going up again. Foolish thinking given the recent lack of flying.

So we got some windy circuits and low approaches in...

To top it all I'm now over 30 hours.

And I honestly woke up thinking I wasn't going to fly today!!

Can't stop grinning :-)
AndyR liked this
By Nero
We must've all passed each other today! I had an afternoon lesson booked but luckily someone cancelled and I was able to have it this morning before the wind got too bad.

Flew from Biggin to Lydd, did some circuits and roller coasted home for a strong c/w landing

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk