Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By t1m80
Yay Go Wiksay! Let battle commence.....

G-ATWJ is a Cessna 172. I also had a go in G-BOKX which was a Piper Warrior but I don't think it's there anymore.

Also, Julie the Ops Manager, is the sister of my Best Man. I hadn't seen her for about 30 years 'til I took my first flight at Headcorn.

Hopefully bump into you sometime (bad choice of words!).
t1m80 wrote:Yay Go Wiksay! Let battle commence.....

G-ATWJ is a Cessna 172. I also had a go in G-BOKX which was a Piper Warrior but I don't think it's there anymore.

Also, Julie the Ops Manager, is the sister of my Best Man. I hadn't seen her for about 30 years 'til I took my first flight at Headcorn.

Hopefully bump into you sometime (bad choice of words!).

Yes that would be great. Julie has been very helpful. Tony is my Instructor. I'm next booked in for Sat 22nd am. Image

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
GeorgeJLA liked this
t1m80 wrote:Excellent. If it's not chucking down and the wife hasn't provided a pre-christmas taks list I'll try and pop down!
I guess you didn't make it! Damn those task lists. I had a great 2nd flight. Straight level and balanced Stepping down from 3000 on the join through 2000 and 1000 maintaining heading and altitude each time while being asked to do a FREDA check and having fun in the turbulence!!! Also had my first head on break right... All in all a fabulous lesson. Next one booked for the 5th at midday.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
A le Ron, GeorgeJLA liked this
By t1m80
No, sorry I'm afraid it all went terribly wrong that week! Engine in car went kaput and had to be replaced AND part of the roof on my house collapsed and had to be replace rather quickly too!

And I haven't even started the list I was given :-).

I haven't managed to fly since 6th November so I'm dead jealous! I was supposed to go up on 5th too but was cancelled due to illness and was due up again on 7th but cancelled due to low cloud base. Next attempt for me is 12th and then 14th.

I will try make it down sometime though,