Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

Hi all,

I’m currently part way into my PPL. Over the weekend, I managed to arrange a flight outside of my training school to get early exposure to nav. The pilot was not a qualified FI but had many hours experience. I got some amazing insight into flight planning, visual nav and also use of nav instruments.

I wanted to ask whether I am entitled to log these hours in my log book considering the value added to my knowledge. I was not the pilot in command.

Grateful for any advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To extend that question further once qualified I presume it is feasible to hour build towards CPL in any variety of aircraft your licence covers you for along with a check out flight for a different type. Can that include microlights, specifically a C42?
Unfortunatly, you can't log microlight time for anything in EASA land (there is no PPL(M) in EASA :D), but you can log 30h in TMGs toward totals for CPL (not PIC) or just go for a tailwheel permit aircraft (e.g. jodels, turbulents...) and love it untill you die :lol:
Irv Lee wrote:
BehyBill wrote:or just go for a tailwheel permit aircraft (e.g. jodels, turbulents...) and love it untill you die :lol:

:shock: ...surely with the right training and attitudes (s)he would survive?

Even with right training and attitudes, few bites will not hurts that much (last one I got was from a super cub where I left full flaps down after landing, she reminds me with a hit on the head while going out after parking :lol: )

....for an aspiring CPL student it is rather a short love story and a divorce,
CAA has a ref (what practically matters)
https://www.caa.co.uk/Commercial-industry/Pilot-licences/Training/CPL-modular/CPL-(A)-modular-course---aeroplanes/

Part-FCL (what theoritically matter):
https://www.easa.europa.eu/sites/defaul ... rt-FCL.pdf

SubPartF, FCL.510.A ATPL(A), has a ref
Appendix E. CPL modular course - Aeroplanes, has a ref
Agree nothing in SubPartD which talk about CPL requirements,
Seems intentionally buried :twisted: