Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By Cessna57
I used to lend people my landing ratchet when I was registered as “kghjfg”.

It’s invisible, but I know it’s round here somewhere, takes literally a few seconds to imagine a new one anyway.

I’m sure a quick search of the forum will find instructions on how to use one.
FlightDek liked this
By carlapilot
LOL.... I guess you will get answers (if not here, then on other forums) like WHAT??? you have for hours and havent landed yet??
"with four hours I had more experience"

ETC ETC
If you hears something like this (I had in my case) just dont take care of it.

Congrats, again :)

v8burble wrote:Thanks everyone. I'm still buzzing from it. It was only my fourth lesson, so wasn't expecting to get the opportunity to have a go at landing yet but it was amazing. Good to have an instructor that is so experienced that they can go with the moment and adjust to how the student is doing at that moment in time. He just said he looked at how I was approaching and thought I was on it so he let me carry on. He was ready to take over immediately at all points which was reassuring.
What is meant above when you talk about holding it off, is this sitting just above the runway and letting the speed decrease? This is something we should aim to do?

Another thing was I felt as though the plane sat on a cushion of air as we got really close to the runway, like it didn't want to go down. Is that ground effect?