Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

Hi! I think there are many experienced pilots or FI-s are here to give me some advise please.
I ve read my PPL book completely. Ok.
But I ve found way too much apps to help beginners... which ones I choose for learning more and practice tests etc?? (Some i ve downloaded is total bulls**t... )
With tests, or pictures, flight theory -
Something interactive, something really good and useful. Im interested in digital books and magazines too if there is any... my instructor is not into digital stuff thats why he cant help. He is retired army pilot and I adore him :) <3 but im in the digital age.
Thx
Carla
By davelee212
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
+1 for airquiz.com and ****.co.uk for practice exam questions. Have a look at https://www.easypplgroundschool.com if you want help with the ground school stuff.

I quite like an app called "Pilot Weather" as it gives a quick decoding of the TAFs and METARs for my local airfields. Also quite useful when learning how to decode the TAFs/METARs as you can toggle between decoded and raw data.

Dave
huseyydemm, carlapilot liked this
For Ios devices, PPL Tutor works well - although I found the question banks were more limited than Airquiz.

Best Advice is whatever you use for practice, make sure you RTFQ on your exam as the phrasing can be different which reverses what you've been practicing without issue - ask me how I found this out! :twisted:
Signed up to Airquiz which has been excellent so far.
For those using iOS devices, I've also downloaded Grounded (still being developed, Air Law and Human Performance are the only modules currently available) and PPL Exams (£12.99 to unlock all the modules or £2.99 per module).
Questions between all three are similar and have been very useful!