Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By arkiboys
Hello,
I have started studying for the ppl...
What do you suggest to use for revision questions/answers as a book or phone app please?
I have a trial version of PPLTutor app and wonder if I should purchase it or get the books by ESEA PPL (A) questions, answers and explanations?

Thank you
By Morten
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Airquiz - http://airquiz.co.uk/ - was very useful for me when i did my PPL - and again when starting my IR(R).

They keep it up to date and relevant, much more so than any of the books. Well worth the small fee which gives you a lifelong subscription.

Morten
UKflyer liked this
By arkiboys
Hello,
I purchased the airquiz for practice questions.
1- A number of identical questions have different answers
2- And there are no explanations
I do not believe this is a good software.
By Morten
That surprises me.
They were very quick to respond to feedback when I used them. I found an inaccuracy which they updated straight away. If there are duplicate questions with inconsistent answers, that is clearly something they would want to know about. Did you contact them?
Again, I believe there were short descriptions with each answer, but it is clear that you will still need the books. Indeed, the test exams should not be used as a substitute for actual learning.
By CapnM
The AFE revision guides were extremely helpful in breaking everything down for you into a few pages. I used those, plus the "EASA PPL Exams" app and PPL Cruiser website.
By iaindings
If I get banned it's your fault :p
p p l c r u i s e r

Surprised airquiz was allowed but that wasnt - I tried both and found the site better and had some iffy answers on airquiz
By Paul_Sengupta
Hah, it shouldn't be banned. It's the autodonk. Something got updated not long ago and now all sorts of innocuous words are being censored. We kicked up a bit of a fuss about the word "feedback" being donked and they've fixed that now.