Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By David Wood
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Some of you may not browse the main GA forum. If so you may have missed this video that someone put up viewtopic.php?f=1&t=106581

I thought that I'd offer a link to it because in amongst the scary stuff there are some quite useful little nuggets which, if they don't put you off flying completely, may help improve your flying. In particular, from a student perspective, there are some clips that illustrate nicely the dangers of trying to land the aeroplane - ie, the dangers of not holding off for long enough and thereby allowing the aircraft to settle onto its nosewheel, with often catastrophic results. There are also some clips which ought to have you shouting "Go Around!" at the screen!

Always cheaper to learn from other people's mistakes.
By Crash one
I get the impression that not many students use these forums, fora? for information at all.

"Browsers using this forum: me and 2 guests"
By David Wood
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I agree. It's a shame really because away from the main forum which can be, as we all know, somewhat lively and not always contructive or indeed informative, this part is relatively calm and there have been some great pieces of advice offered from time to time by various people. It would be a shame if it were all to fall on deaf ears.
Nick liked this