Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By OrangeBird
Morning All :)

Does anybody happen to have a good set of instructions, or a good source of one, for the CRP-1W whiz wheel?

The ones that come with it are, not to put too fine a point on it, garbage.

I'd hoped that having the little wind arm thingy would make like easier, and improve accuracy, instead of the alternative of me trying to put little crosses / dots in the right places. Alas, that appears not to be the case :(

Not only am I having trouble making enough sense of the instructions that came with it to be able to follow along with the examples in the training manual, but even when I do get it right the accuracy seems to be ... well ... a little suspect :) (but that could easily be operator error).

If I can't get my head around the 1W I'm going to have to go out and pick up a 1 - the time I'm spending trying to wrap my head around it could more usefully be spent trying to absorb the rest of the study material :)

By Genghis the Engineer
Use it like a -1, just rotate the wind arm so that (for example) 3-square is where the wind is, so no need to mark it with chinagraph.

That's it.

In more general terms, all flight computers work the same. The Americans call them E6Bs (after some archaic military part number) - just search on that on YouTube and you'll find dozens of instructional videos.

G